FRIDAY I'M IN LOVE


Happy Valentine's Day! This post was inspired by a client who referred me to her father, who's name means "love", which I found appropriate for today. 

My email signature, "Home is where one starts from," is an excerpt from "East Coker V, Four Quartets" by T.S. Eliot. No, I've not read the entire quartet.

Home is about the familiar, the original blueprint for the beginnings of our experience of intimacy. It's a personal language that begins before we can use words, usually in relationship to a primary figure. 

We fall in love with homes due to the intangible factors - experiences that make us feel known from the inside precisely because they access our internal experience.

No matter what state the real estate market is in, the truth is that your decisions about your home are intimately connected with... your family relationships; the nature, substance, and volume of your work; the activities you have the time, space, and money to participate in during your leisure; and nearly every other area of your life. 

For business leaders, vacation homes become places to hold conferences, strategize, and make deals. How fun to integrate work, play, and home in that way. While vacation homes imply romance in airy retreats with views and outdoor space, sellers take note -  romance sells homes.

Here are some lighting ideas  to add a little romance to your home, with my favorites being:


Though you can have a glorious house, you'll never love a house if you don't like your neighborhood. Buyers, take note on how to choose a neighborhood, and be a good neighbor

I'm curious: 
- How do you integrate work and play in your home?
- What makes a house a home to you?

PS. It's no secret that I have a love affair with California. The search term "Romantic California" turned up this lovely accidental find.
 

Popular posts from this blog

FRIDAY O'CLOCK

FRIDAY - wondering what my dog named me

FRIDAY FINDS